Going to the chapel (or the meadow, or the mountain, or the beach, or the backyard . . . you get the idea) – DIY wedding items make your wedding unique and economical.
Just a few years ago our daughter and her boyfriend became engaged. Exciting times! Planning a new life together, scoping out wedding venues, finding the perfect dress . . . and then the list arrived. And, practical girl that she is, our daughter asked for her Dad’s help with several DIY wedding components:
- Customized donut-stand in lieu of a traditional wedding cake
- Directional Sign
- Aisle Signs
- Photo Booth
- Ceremony Arch
- Cornhole Set
- Yard Yahtzee
- Giant Jenga
- And a slew of miscellaneous decorations
Our daughter knew what many wedding planners know. Not only are DIY weddings more economical, they offer the highest degree of personalization! Win-Win!
But, do you have cold feet thinking about walking down the DIY wedding aisle? Because maybe you and your intended live in an apartment or have space constraints. Maybe you’re worried you don’t have the right gear, and the thought of buying expensive tools defeats the whole purpose. And, perhaps your sky’s-the-limit-design-ideas don’t necessarily match your limited-know-how-reality.
Do It Yourself – First Steps
None of these things should prevent you from having the DIY wedding of your dreams. Because a good makerspace, like My Own 2 Hands, can be your secret weapon! Here’s how:
- Share your ideas – show us your DIY wedding Pinterest board, bring in images, draw us a picture
- Tell us your DIY budget – we’ll help you plan what kind of material you should consider, how much material you need, and even give you suggestions of where to purchase wood supplies. And, we’ll also help you factor in the cost of using a makerspace.
- Start DIY-ing – the greatest value we can provide is expertise. We will coach you through all the DIY components: design, cut, construction, finishing. Because we’ve been there, done that, and caught the DIY wedding bouquet!
Want to refinish a vintage table for the guest book? Desire a rustic arbor for the ceremony? Crave whimsical place-card holders? Want to pick and choose how much or little of your big day is DIY? It’s all up to you – just say, “I DO!”